1. Arizona - With its warm climate, golf courses, and outdoor activities, Arizona is a popular retirement destination. It also offers a lower cost of living than Florida.
2. South Carolina - Known for its beaches, golf courses, and historic charm, South Carolina is a great option for retirees seeking a warm climate and a slower pace of life.
3. Texas - With no state income tax and a lower cost of living than Florida, Texas is a popular destination for retirees. It also offers a diverse range of cities and landscapes to choose from.
4. Tennessee - Known for its music scene, scenic beauty, and low cost of living, Tennessee is a great option for retirees seeking a laid-back lifestyle.
5. Georgia - With its mild climate, historic charm, and affordable cost of living, Georgia is a popular retirement destination. It also offers a range of outdoor activities and cultural attractions.
It can be difficult to find a spot that is similar to Florida without breaking the bank, but the places mentioned above are worth considering.